...what do you call them?   I suppose it depends mostly on the magazine.   You 'write an essay' for the New Yorker, 'have an article' in Vogue and 'do a piece' for People.  

Or, 'essays' are what you had to write at school; 'articles' are what you used to read instead of doing your homework.

Perhaps my favorite essayist is Thackeray and I'll have more to say about him, and Lamb and Washington Irving, Perelman, Parker and others.

Meanwhile, I offer you the one piece I have had published in print.

And here is a rather more somber work that has missed its publishing window of opportunity.

This is a short piece about trolls that I posted online.

Home        Writings        Hummingbirds        Caviar        Links